Europe's Migrant Crisis: Views from Central Europe
Michael Ejercito
2017-07-02 16:37:51 UTC
Europe's Migrant Crisis: Views from Central Europe
"We are not going to take part in the madness of the Brussels elite."

by Soeren Kern
July 2, 2017 at 5:00 am
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10610/migrant-crisis-central-europe

Many so-called asylum seekers have refused to relocate to Central and
Eastern Europe because the financial benefits there are not as generous as
in France, Germany or Scandinavia. In addition, hundreds of migrants who
have been relocated to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, which rank among the
poorest EU countries, have since fled to Germany and other wealthier
countries in the bloc.

"It needs to be said clearly and directly: This is an attack on Europe, on
our culture, on our traditions." — Poland's Prime Minister Beata Szydło.

"I think we have a right to decide that we do not want a large number of
Muslim people in our country. That is a historical experience for us." —
Viktor Orbán, Prime Minister of Hungary, referring to Hungary's occupation
by the Ottoman Empire from 1541 to 1699.

The European Union has initiated legal action against the Czech Republic,
Hungary and Poland for failing to comply with a controversial order to take
in thousands of migrants from Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

The so-called infringement procedure, which authorizes the European
Commission, the powerful executive arm of the European Union, to sue member
states that are considered to be in breach of their obligations under EU
law, could lead to massive financial penalties.

The dispute dates back to September 2015, when, at the height of Europe's
migration crisis, EU member states narrowly voted to relocate 120,000
"refugees" from Italy and Greece to other parts of the bloc. This number was
in addition to a July 2015 plan to redistribute 40,000 migrants from Italy
and Greece.

Of the 160,000 migrants to be "shared," nine countries in Central and
Eastern Europe were ordered to take in around 15,000 migrants. Although the
Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia voted against the agreement,
they were still required to comply.

Since then, several Central European EU member states have vehemently
refused to accept their assigned quotas of migrants. Poland, for example,
has a quota of 6,182 migrants, not one of whom has been admitted. The Czech
Republic has a quota of 2,691 migrants, of whom only 12 have been taken.
Hungary has a quota of 1,294, none of whom have been admitted.

In the EU as a whole, so far only around 20,000 migrants have been relocated
(6,896 from Italy and 13,973 from Greece), according to the EU's latest
relocation and resettlement report, published on June 13, 2017. Of the 28 EU
member states, only Malta has taken in its full quota — 131 migrants.

Many so-called asylum seekers have refused to relocate to Central and
Eastern Europe because the financial benefits there are not as generous as
in France, Germany or Scandinavia. In addition, hundreds of migrants who
have been relocated to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, which rank among the
poorest countries in the EU, have since fled to Germany and other wealthier
countries in the bloc.

Meanwhile, the enforcers of European "unity" have sought to shame the
Central European holdouts into compliance by appealing to nebulous concepts
such as European "values" and "solidarity." French President Emmanuel
Macron, for example, recently warned:

"European countries that do not respect the rules should pay the full
political consequences. There is a double betrayal. They decide to abandon
EU principles, turn their back on Europe and have a cynical approach to the
union which gives them money, without respecting its values."

Leaders in Central and Eastern Europe have held their ground. In Poland,
Prime Minister Beata Szydło said her country would not be blackmailed by
European Union officials. In a speech to Parliament on May 24, two days
after the jihadist attack in Manchester, England, in which a Polish couple
was killed, she said:

"We are not going to take part in the madness of the Brussels elite.... Rise
from your knees and from your lethargy or you will be crying over your
children every day.

"If you cannot see this — if you cannot see that terrorism currently has the
potential to hurt every country in Europe, and you think that Poland should
not defend itself — you are going hand in hand with those who point this
weapon against Europe, against all of us.

"It needs to be said clearly and directly: This is an attack on Europe, on
our culture, on our traditions. Do we want strong politicians who can see
the danger and can fight against it efficiently?"

In a May 24 speech, Polish Prime Minister Beata Szydło said her country
would not be blackmailed by European Union officials: "We are not going to
take part in the madness of the Brussels elite... This is an attack on
Europe, on our culture, on our traditions." (Illustrative image source:
European Parliament/Flickr)
Polish Interior Minister Mariusz Błaszczak said that agreeing to European
Union quotas would "certainly be worse" than any punishment meted out by
Brussels:

"We must not forget the terror attacks that have taken place in Western
Europe, and how — in the bigger EU countries — these are unfortunately now a
fact of life. Remember, that the now very numerous Muslim communities in
Western Europe started out as relatively small numbers....

"I tell my counterparts in Western Europe that the relocation strategy only
intensifies illegal migration because traffickers get even more customers
when would-be migrants hear that people delivered to Europe are being given
refuge in EU nations other than Italy and Greece."

Henryk Kowalczyk, a Polish member of parliament, said:

"Poland makes a contribution to the EU.... We are doing what the bloc says,
what the treaties say. If the French president was thinking of refugees,
well that issue is not mentioned in the treaties and when we joined the
European Union we were not taking on that commitment."

Poland's European Affairs Minister Konrad Szymański added: "There is no
conflict on values between the Commission and Poland — it is about how to
interpret these values."

In the Czech Republic, Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka said that "given the
deteriorating security situation in Europe and the non-functioning of the
quota system, the Czech government will not participate in it." He added:
"We are ready to defend our position in the EU and the relevant judicial
institutions."

Czech Minister of Foreign Affairs Lubomír Zaorálek said that EU should focus
on "economic and social convergence among EU countries, rather than attempts
to distribute migrants with forced quotas." He pointed out that in some
Eastern European countries, "the most vulnerable inhabitants are often
poorer than the incoming migrants themselves."

Zaorálek added that "people who are coming have no real interest in being
integrated" and want to live with their "partners from similar cultural,
ethnic, religious backgrounds." He said that people in Central and Eastern
Europe do not want to "repeat the mistake of the Western countries" which
have "neighborhoods full of thousands and thousands of people living in
imperfect living conditions" and which are "very risky, not only during the
night but also during the day." He pointed out that "there are no suicide
bombers among Ukrainians or Vietnamese," two long-established communities in
the Czech Republic.

In Slovakia, Prime Minister Robert Fico said that mass migration and forced
multiculturalism would change the essence of his country:

"I think it is the duty of politicians to talk about these things very
clearly and openly. I do not want to see a Muslim community in Slovakia. I
do not want there to be several tens of thousands of Muslims who gradually
begin to promote their ideology. We do not want to change the traditions of
this country, which are built on the Christian tradition. It has been like
this for centuries. Sovereignty and national pride must be part of our
ruling coalition."

Fico added that 95% of so-called refugees were actually economic migrants:

"We will not assist in this folly with arms opened wide with the notion that
we will accept them all regardless of whether they are economic migrants or
not. We must start telling the truth about migration."

In Hungary, Prime Minister Viktor Orbán has warned of the "explosive
consequences" of a culture clash between Europe and migrants from the Muslim
world:

"To understand what we must do, we need to grasp the true nature of the
situation we are facing. Europe is not in the grip of a 'refugee problem' or
a 'refugee situation,' but the European continent is threatened by an ever
mounting wave of modern-era migration. Movement of people is taking place on
an immense scale, and from a European perspective the number of potential
future immigrants seems limitless.

"With each passing day we see that hundreds of thousands have been turning
up and clamoring at our borders, and there are millions more intending to
set out for Europe, driven by economic motives....

"We must acknowledge that the European Union's misguided immigration policy
is responsible for this situation. Irresponsibility is the mark of every
European politician who holds out the promise of a better life to immigrants
and encourages them to leave everything behind and risk their lives in
setting out for Europe. If Europe does not return to the path of common
sense, it will find itself laid low in a battle for its fate....

"Let us not forget that those arriving have been raised in another religion,
and represent a radically different culture. Most of them are not
Christians, but Muslims. This is an important question, because Europe and
European identity is rooted in Christianity. Is it not worrying in itself
that European Christianity is now barely able to keep Europe Christian? If
we lose sight of this, the idea of Europe could become a minority interest
in its own continent."

Orbán said:

"I think we have a right to decide that we do not want a large number of
Muslim people in our country. We do not like the consequences of having a
large Muslim community that we see in other countries and I do not see any
reason for anyone else to force us to create ways of living together in
Hungary that we do not want to see. That is a historical experience for us."

Soeren Kern is a Senior Fellow at the New York-based Gatestone Institute.
Follow him on Facebook and on Twitter.

Follow Soeren Kern on Twitter and Facebook
2017-07-03 13:37:11 UTC
On Sun, 2 Jul 2017 09:37:51 -0700, "NOT Michael Ejercito"
Post by Michael Ejercito
Europe's Migrant Crisis: Views from Central Europe
"We are not going to take part in the madness of the Brussels elite."
by Soeren Kern
July 2, 2017 at 5:00 am
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10610/migrant-crisis-central-europe
Many so-called asylum seekers have refused to relocate to Central and
Eastern Europe because the financial benefits there are not as generous as
in France, Germany or Scandinavia. In addition, hundreds of migrants who
have been relocated to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, which rank among the
poorest EU countries, have since fled to Germany and other wealthier
countries in the bloc.
You got, a fucking PROBLEM with economic migration, you slant eyed
Islamophobic mongoloid???

Isn't that why you came to the Great Satan as a Flip illegal???

Cheers!

RJ (preferred jew aliash)
The Peeler
2017-07-03 15:35:47 UTC
On Mon, 03 Jul 2017 06:37:11 -0700, serbian bitch Razovic, the resident
Post by Michael Ejercito
Europe's Migrant Crisis: Views from Central Europe
"We are not going to take part in the madness of the Brussels elite."
by Soeren Kern
July 2, 2017 at 5:00 am
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10610/migrant-crisis-central-europe
Many so-called asylum seekers have refused to relocate to Central and
Eastern Europe because the financial benefits there are not as generous as
in France, Germany or Scandinavia. In addition, hundreds of migrants who
have been relocated to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, which rank among the
poorest EU countries, have since fled to Germany and other wealthier
countries in the bloc.
You got, a fucking PROBLEM with economic migration, you slant eyed
Islamophobic mongoloid???
You don't, you cretinous psychopathic swine?
Isn't that why you came to the Great Satan as a Flip illegal???
What are you hallucinating about again, you abnormal psychopathic swine?
Cheers!
"Assholes come
Assholes go
But the revd asshole goes on forever.