germany prepares for tropical storms
Byker
2018-08-03 17:38:02 UTC
You should have seen the storms in the Big Banglocene!
Just think, but for such a storm in 1588 we'd all probably be speaking
Spanish: https://tinyurl.com/y7voelrn
Fruitiest of Fruitcakes
2018-08-03 17:41:17 UTC
Post by Byker
You should have seen the storms in the Big Banglocene!
Just think, but for such a storm in 1588 we'd all probably be speaking
Spanish: https://tinyurl.com/y7voelrn
It doesn’t matter which storm you choose - none of them are tropical storms
because we are not in the tropics, and sea temperatures are way too low for
tropical storms to form.
Ophelia

Mind you, the way the weather is going here ...
Byker
2018-08-06 00:34:52 UTC
With a nice hot summer that's dried up some rivers killing the fish,
forecasters say tropical storm(s) are now set to sweep Germany.
Such a storm kept us from speaking Latin: